- RSS Channel Showcase 4977642
- RSS Channel Showcase 1140320
- RSS Channel Showcase 1644619
- RSS Channel Showcase 8060325
- 04/23/17--18:06: Can Training Reduce Tension in Police Encounters With Disabled?
- 12/04/17--17:46: Are GenX and Other Chemicals in the Air Near Chemours?
- 03/21/18--02:58: Lawmakers Get an Eyeful During Remote Health Care Meeting
By Taylor Knopf After police shot and killed a Charlotte man who was deaf last year, some North Carolina lawmakers want to take a closer look at law enforcement mental health and disability training. House Bill 591 would direct the state Departments of Justice and Public Safety to study different types of training available for […]
The post Can Training Reduce Tension in Police Encounters With Disabled? appeared first on North Carolina Health News.
By Catherine Clabby State environmental regulators are investigating how to stop the release of air emissions carrying compounds related to GenX from the Chemours manufacturing site in Bladen County that chemical giant DuPont ran for decades. That’s because those emissions may be contributing to contamination detected in recent months in private drinking wells close to […]
The post Are GenX and Other Chemicals in the Air Near Chemours? appeared first on North Carolina Health News.
By Rose Hoban Members of a committee examining access to care for people in rural North Carolina hit the road last week, bringing lobbyists, lawmakers and legislative staff to Columbus County, two hours southeast of Raleigh, for a hearing. Three members of the Committee on Access to Healthcare in Rural North Carolina held their third […]
The post Lawmakers Get an Eyeful During Remote Health Care Meeting appeared first on North Carolina Health News.